A.Z. Kelsey Academy utilizes character and standards-based education in a non-traditional setting to inspire academic and social progress to ensure that students are college and career ready.
AZ Kelsey Academy will be a focused, caring, environment where students will invest time to make progress towards reaching their full potential.
1. A safe and appropriate environment that supports the physical, emotional, mental,
and learning abilities of students promotes their success.
2. Student learning is the chief priority of our schools.
3. Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of
instructional approaches to support their learning.
4. Students need to demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and
skills, and also to be actively involved in solving problems and producing quality
5. Students' learning needs should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the
work of our schools and school system.
6. Parents/ guardians must be effective partners in the learning process, and their
participation is essential to student success.
7. Effective research and supportive data are used to design, implement, and
evaluate our learning practices.
8. A qualified staff that possesses the appropriate skills, knowledge and commitment
to the achievement of all students is essential to the success of our schools.